Wednesday, January 20, 2010

a letter about friendship

Reply
  March 29, 2003
  Dear Cynthia,
  I am much delighted to receive your letter of May 20 and learned that you are making preparation for the entrance examination for graduate studies at Qinghua University. I admire your courage in trying to improve yourself.
  When we were at college, I was deeply impressed by your talents, your diligence and your perseverance, which eventually made you exceptional in your studies. It's really modest of you to ask me for advice on mathematics studies. I'm only afraid that I can't offer you the kind of advice you are looking for.
  We have long been best friends, so if I might be of any help to you, I would be quite pleased to do so. I'll be free this Friday and every weekend. I will be glad to have your company any time you find convenient.
  Yours ever,
  Peng Li

No comments:

Post a Comment