Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Best Friend


My Best Friend
  Liu Hua is my best friend. She is less taller than I, but of stronger consti­tution. She looks more like a boy than a girl and is strong willed. At college, we spent a lot of time together reading, talking, singing and laughing. When­ever we were together we felt happy and carefree.
  We have much in common regarding our education, interests and hobbies. We often help each other and learn from each other. Once, when she was in the hospital for an operation on her appendix, I took care of her in every way possible, which made other patients jealous of our friendship. When I was preparing for post graduate exams, she did the cooking and urged oth­ers to help me. After graduation we parted. She went to Argentina. I was still in Beijing. We promised to meet in the United States. So we both worked hard at our lessons.
  Hard work is rewarding and three years later, we met again. True to our word, we met at the place where we promised to see each other — the United States of America. I received an assistantship in NCSU and she earned enough money in Argentina to support herself and work her way through college.

No comments:

Post a Comment